One of my favorite Italian pasta dishes is Grape Tomato Pasta. It is a quick and easy recipe, is lighter and healthier than a lot of pasta dishes, and is absolutely delicious. Grape Tomato Pasta is a vegan recipe as well, so your less carnivore inclined friends can eat too! I would like to mention I shamelessly stole this recipe from The Italian Chef blog. Definitely check out some of their other recipes as well. Anyways, here is –
Approximate cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves sliced thin
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt to taste
- 1 pound spaghetti pasta
- 2 large basil leaves, torn into pieces by hand
- Add olive oil and garlic to a large sautè pan over medium heat. Cook until garlic is lightly browned, then add the sliced tomatoes, red pepper flakes, and salt.
- Saute the tomatoes until they are softened and have started to release their juices, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of liberally salted water to a boil, add pasta and cook until al dente.
- Strain pasta and put it back into the empty pot. Add the sauce to the pot. Add the basil, and toss until completely coated.
It is especially good if you want to put some Parmagiano-Reggiano on it. If thats more than your wallet can handle at the moment, some Parmesan cheese will do in a pinch.